Welcome to Cryptology
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Purpose of This Policy
This policy explains the different types of cookies used on our website, their purpose, and gives you the necessary information to control and manage your cookie preferences. Whether it’s your first visit to our site or you’ve visited us before, we encourage you to read this policy in full to understand our practices regarding cookies.
Compliance and User Consent
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ePrivacy Directive, and other relevant laws, we ensure that users are informed about the cookies used on our site and consent is obtained for certain types of cookies. We value your privacy and aim to be as clear as possible about how your data is used.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data in the form of text files that are stored on your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit websites, including https://cryptology.com/. They are used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a 'session cookie') or for multiple repeat visits (using a 'persistent cookie').
Types of Cookies
- Session Cookies: These cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser. They help with the functionality of the website during your visit.
- Persistent Cookies: These remain on your device for a set period specified in the cookie and are activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
- First-Party Cookies: These are set by the website you’re visiting, in this case, https://cryptology.com/. They are often used to remember your preferences and settings.
- Third-Party Cookies: These are cookies set by domains other than the one you are currently visiting. They are used for cross-site tracking, retargeting, and ad-serving.
Why Are Cookies Important?
Cookies perform several functions, like helping us understand how our website is being used, making our website more user-friendly, and ensuring that our content is relevant and engaging to you. They are crucial for providing an efficient and personalized browsing experience.
Enhancing Your Experience on https://cryptology.com/
- To Improve Website Functionality: Cookies help us understand how our website is being used, allowing us to optimize the user experience. They aid in navigating between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience.
- Personalization: By using cookies, we can tailor our website's content to your interests. This means showing you relevant information and customized advertisements that align with your preferences and browsing history.
- Security Measures: Cookies play a crucial role in security. They help in identifying and preventing security risks and ensuring user data is protected.
- Legal Compliance: Some cookies are essential for us to comply with legal obligations, like managing consent preferences in accordance with data protection laws.
Balancing Privacy and User Experience
4. TYPES OF COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE
Categorization of Cookies at Cryptology
To provide a clear understanding, we categorize the cookies used on https://cryptology.com/ as follows:
- Necessary Cookies:
- Purpose: These cookies are essential for the website to function properly. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
- User Control: These cookies do not require consent but you can block them through your browser settings, though this may affect site functionality.
- Statistic Cookies:
- Purpose: These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. This includes data on page visits, duration of visits, and any error messages encountered.
- User Control: You can opt in or out of these cookies. Opting out may impact how we tailor our site for you.
- Preference Cookies:
- Purpose: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. They enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences.
- User Control: These cookies can be blocked, but this may affect the functionality and personalization of our services.
- Marketing Cookies:
- Purpose: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- User Control: You have full control over these cookies and can opt in or out as you prefer.
Remember, you have control over how cookies are used on your device. You can manage your cookie preferences at any time through our cookie settings panel, or by adjusting your browser settings.
5. MANAGING COOKIES
Your Control Over Cookies on https://cryptology.com/
As a user of Cryptology, you have the ability to control and manage your cookie preferences. Here's how you can do it:
1. Through Our Website:
- When you visit our website for the first time, you will be prompted with a cookie consent banner. Here, you can choose which types of cookies you consent to.
- You can change your preferences at any time by accessing our cookie settings panel on the website.
2. Browser Settings:
- You also have the option to control cookies through your web browser settings. Most browsers allow you to see what cookies you have and delete them on an individual basis, block third-party cookies, block cookies from particular websites, block all cookies, and clear all cookies when you close the browser.
- Adjusting these settings varies depending on the browser. Please consult your browser's help section for more information.
3. Third-Party Tools:
- Various third-party tools are available online that can assist you in managing your cookie preferences.
- These tools can provide more granular control over the types of cookies that are placed on your device.
Implications of Disabling Cookies: Please be aware that disabling or blocking certain cookies may affect the functionality and features of our website. Strictly necessary cookies are essential for our website's operation, and disabling them might hinder your experience and the services we offer.
Further Information: If you need more information on how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Obtain Your Consent on https://cryptology.com/
Consent is a cornerstone of our approach to respecting your privacy. Here's how we handle consent for cookies:
1. Initial Website Visit:
- Your consent is not assumed, and non-essential cookies will only be activated if you give explicit consent.
2. Managing Your Consent:
- You can change your cookie preferences at any time via our cookie settings panel on the website.
- Withdrawing your consent is as easy as giving it. If you decide to withdraw your consent, we will stop using the relevant cookies for their intended purpose.
3. Record of Consent:
- We keep a record of your consent as part of our commitment to privacy and compliance.
- This record ensures transparency and accountability in how we handle user data.
4. Age Restrictions:
- We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from individuals under the age of 18 without parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a minor, we will take steps to remove that data.
5. Updates to Your Consent Preferences:
- Should there be any changes to the types of cookies we use or their purposes, we will re-obtain your consent to ensure it reflects your current preferences and our current practices.
7. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Understanding Third-Party Cookies on https://cryptology.com/
In addition to the cookies we set directly, third-party cookies may be used on our website. Here's what you need to know:
1. What Are Third-Party Cookies?
- Third-party cookies are set by domains other than https://cryptology.com/. These may be used for a variety of purposes including analytics, advertising, or interactive content such as videos and chat services.
2. Our Use of Third-Party Cookies:
- We may integrate third-party services on our website that set their own cookies. These services are carefully selected for their value in enhancing the user experience and the services we offer.
- Examples include analytics tools, social media sharing buttons, and embedded video content.
3. Your Control Over Third-Party Cookies:
- While we strive to work with trusted partners, we do not have control over the cookies set by these third parties.
- You can manage your preferences for these cookies through our cookie settings panel, or by modifying your browser settings.
4. Third-Party Privacy Policies:
- We encourage you to review these policies to fully understand their practices.
5. Consent and Third-Party Cookies:
- Your consent for the use of third-party cookies is sought separately from our own cookies.
- You have the option to accept or reject these cookies as per your preferences.
Staying Updated with Our Practices
At Cryptology, we are committed to continuous improvement and staying compliant with legal standards. Therefore, our Cookies Policy might undergo changes over time. Here's how we handle these changes:
1. Updates and Revisions:
- We may update this policy to reflect changes in legal requirements, our practices, or advances in technology.
- When we make significant changes, we will notify you through our website or other communication channels.
2. Reviewing the Policy:
- The date of the last update will always be posted at the top of this policy.
3. Your Continued Use:
- Your continued use of our website after any changes indicates your acceptance of these changes.
- If you do not agree to the updated policy, you should adjust your cookie preferences or stop using our site.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Reach Out for Any Cookie-Related Queries
- Email: email@example.com